Wednesday, May 18, 2011

A Little Rant Over Something Big

          Did the public school system stop teaching certain subjects or are people just not paying attention?   It never ceases to amaze me how much people choose not to know.  They are things that I have, to my embarrassment, taken for granted.   Like who is Edger Allen Poe?   The history of the Kennedy's?  How some of our most definable historical scientific inventions started in science FICTION novels.   Who is Big Brother? These were things that I learned in high school!!! 
          I was not a great student.  I was not even a good student in high school. (Im sure my high school friends could back me up on this one.)  So given that I know more then some people that are in my classes and I was a poor student I need to ask.  WHAT the HELL???
          There are growing concerns, voiced by some, that the government is purposely cutting back on our educational system in order to control society.  History does provide us with plenty of examples regarding cultures being controlled through a lack of education.  Meh...I don't know about that.  This is America, we have the freedom to choose and speak up about our education.  So why, WHY is this happening?
          Time for us to find our voice again!  Time for everyone to speak up when they think they are not recieving the education they deserve.   MORE importantly!  Time for everyone to read again for gosh sakes.  Remember that place called a library?  It is full of books of all kind.  Go to it!  Check out a book and build some brain cells!!!  So when you choose to speak up you actually know what the heck you are speaking about!!
...who is Edger Allen Poe?   geesh

Im done...thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment