Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Developing Loving Kindness

          Today I am in a place of peace and calm.   I so often share posts that are rants against a variety of topics that today I thought I would share a day of joy.
          Happy birthday to a dear and valued friend who I just spent a wonderful lunch with.  She is a soul mate.  I friend where you can share each others food because, frankly, you trust her germs.   Conversation comes easy and are honest.  Company is warm and happy.  There is an unspoken understanding.
          A day where the confidence of being a mother and wife are high.  The home is warm and inviteing.  It reflects my love, care and respect.  My sons are happy and on the path to success; what ever they define it as being.  The husband is warm, loving and attentive.  His life is in a good centered place.  The pets move positive energy around the house and the house feels like a home.
          I feel loved, cared for, respected and centered.  I have friends and family who know me and still like me.  :)   I am learning still.  I am imaginitive and question all aspects of life still.  I still am not done.  I choose my day each morning like I choose what to wear; carefully, with thought, and love.   I will choose more days like this one.

"Put away all hinderances, let your mind full of love pervade one quarter of the world and so too the second quarter and so the third and so the fourth.   And thus the whold wide world, above, below, around and everywhere, altogether continue to pervade with love-filled thought, abounding, sublime, beyond measure, free from hatred and ill-will."   From the DIGHA NIKAYA
         



No comments:

Post a Comment