Thursday, February 4, 2016

Stay

Image result for buddha storm

 “You are the sky. Everything else – it’s just the weather.”
Pema Chödrön
tags: calm, sky, weather


“If we learn to open our hearts, anyone, including the people who drive us crazy, can be our teacher.”
Pema Chödrön
tags: buddhism, shambhala         

         The last couple of blogs I have written on friends, support, feelings, perception.  How do these tie together?  Pema Chodrin writes in her book The Places That Scare You of staying in the moment, staying with your meditation, even when human nature does everything in its power to make you turn away and run.  She says just keep on saying, "stay."
          Lately I have been waking up irritated and angry.  I could place the blame in a multitude of areas, and on a variety of people, but I didn't want to.  In stead I sat down a meditated for over an hour.  I sent a question out into the universe, why am I so angry and irritated lately?
          This is what I heard.  The Pith of the Matter.
          I have someone in my life who I love dearly.  This person is not happy.  It is obvious in their speech, their behavior, daily.  This has been going on for some time. They use addictions to try and lesson the anger and pain they are feeling, but it is not working.  They blame quickly and often people closest to them. 
          I have tried to speak with this person, I have tried listening.  At the height of my frustration I woke up today feeling angrier then ever and shut down.  Feeling that why do I keep on trying so hard, caring so much, when people whom I love don't care either.  I pouted, blamed, detached.  I saw the uselessness of this attitude finally sitting in meditation; staying until I had my answer. 
          The answer is simple. 
           Its just stay.  I don't have to fix it.  It will fix itself, it usually does in its own good time.  All I do is have to stay, be present, listen.  Keep on meditating.  Stay.

Emaho
Namaste
Peace out

“…feelings like disappointment, embarrassment, irritation, resentment, anger, jealousy, and fear, instead of being bad news, are actually very clear moments that teach us where it is that we’re holding back. They teach us to perk up and lean in when we feel we’d rather collapse and back away. They’re like messengers that show us, with terrifying clarity, exactly where we’re stuck. This very moment is the perfect teacher, and, lucky for us, it’s with us wherever we are.”
Pema Chödrön

“The only reason we don't open our hearts and minds to other people is that they trigger confusion in us that we don't feel brave enough or sane enough to deal with. To the degree that we look clearly and compassionately at ourselves, we feel confident and fearless about looking into someone else's eyes. ”
Pema Chödrön

No comments:

Post a Comment